Monday, March 5, 2012

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock

I just don't know if time can go by any slower. I am still in Southern Utah. I have been moved out of our Ivins home for weeks now but still have not closed on our new place up north. The good thing is we have found a place, we are now just trying to wait for it to close. The problem is...I am SO tired of waiting. I have officially lived apart from my husband for a year and a half, and now these last few weeks are just dragging. I know it is because I can see that light at the end of the tunnel and I want to make a sprint for it, but can't because I am waiting on paperwork (which I have decided is one of the most annoying things to wait on).

I can inform you that we didn't end up in any of the places we thought we would...no Daybreak, Herriman, or Saratoga Springs for me! We are going to be living in The Ranches of Eagle Mountain. And no dream house or fancy upgraded townhouse for me either. My husband and I have decided to put our of goals of green and simple living where our mouth is and buy an over ten year old condo.

Now it wasn't just the green, simple lifestyle that lead us to this choice, but also what would be best for us and for Noah. Buying this condo will make things much more comfortable for us financially (and who can't use less financial stress), and there is a charter school just a mile away that Noah will be able to attend clear up until he graduates high school. We did a tour of the school and he is excited about the things the school has to offer which makes it much easier for him to deal with the thought of his having to leave his beloved Vista, were he has attended for the last two and a half years. It is just such a practical choice for us. Now practical does not always lead to thoughts of excitement, but I am excited...let me tell you why. I am so looking forward to making this place our own. It is so bare-bones and plain right now and I just can't wait to get my hands on it. We of course do not want to accumulate debt right as we are making things more affordable for us, so I will save up and do projects one at a time. This is also exciting for me because it should give me lots of future blogs to post as I keep you all updated on the changes I make.






So, here is a little preview (please ignore all decorating and furniture as it is not ours, but the previous owners and our taste are not alike) so you can see how much work I will have to do to make this place our own and give it a personality,  but I am so blessed that we will be together as a family again and that we will have a place to call ours.

1 comment:

Kim and Ender said...

It looks like it's a good size and the layout is nice. I feel like that's the most important part. I so want to get an older place so we can fix it up ourselves, especially after fixing up the condo. Little things can go such a long way but I don't need to tell you that. haha!