Monday, April 9, 2012

Something Old, Somthing New, Nothing Borrowed, A-Whoo-Hoo!

In our new place we have had to make due a lot with things that we don't love (the greenish carpet in the bedrooms for one). We have also been decorating with most of our stuff from our old place. That can always be a little tricky. When I buy things, I buy them with the place I am going put them already in mind. Here I am having to "make it fit" into a space I didn't plan for. We have been able to buy a few new things (like the curtains from the previous post) here or there, but it has been small things. New flooring will just have to wait, and that's fine.


Here is the thing...when I take one little new item, and mix it with my old items and they work well together in my new space...I get a little rush. It's silly, I know. I care too much about these things, but it makes me happy.



In the picture (above) the only thing that was new was the Q-tip holder (which is really just a tumbler). Like I said we have a greenish carpet in the bedrooms of this place so I wanted to add some green touches in our master bath since the green carpet is right next to it. Every time I go into my bath I see this little combination of things and I like them.





In this picture (above) the couch, pillows and everything on the table is our old stuff. The table and lamp were from Ikea and I paid about $35 for both. On Sunday night I was able to sit on my couch and read by this lamp and it was so nice, and when I see that little table I am happy.


I guess what I am trying to say is that we won't always have money to do every project we want, or to completely remodel our homes all at once, but a small change can bring in that little something to make a place feel fresh, and that might be just what you need to say, "This is my home and I like it!"

No comments: