Sunday, December 26, 2010

And The Others Gold



I know I have been a major slacker when it comes to blogging lately. I know I need to get you all up to speed on some of my projects. As most of you know I have been trying to sell my house so that Noah and I can move up to Northern Utah were my husband has already moved to take a job. We recently took the house off the market so that I could get a few projects done and take new pictures before relisting. On of those projects was a niche’ we have on the main floor living room. I am not always the biggest fan of painting only one wall in a room, but because this was a separate space…I decided to make an exception.




I chose the gold color because it is a warm neutral, and because we have this gold in an area rug in the living room that was already there. (The upstairs space mainly belongs to Anne and Rich so I have to work with the furnishings they already have in the room) I love the round mirror I added. I had looked all over online for a round mirror with a dark wood boarder and they were all way out of my small budget, and then I found this beauty at Lowes for only $88. The candle sticks and candles I found at Target. I still want to find four (two for each side) small items to put on each side of the mirror…but haven’t found those “just right” items yet. Until I do, I still like the warmth the new wall brings to the space.

3 comments:

Kim and Ender said...

I really like that color. The whole thing looks so much classier.

*Lauren* said...

I agree! Good job! Keep painting! Find little stuff aroudnt the house to do that too. It helps more than any knick-knack you can buy. I'll see you up here soon!

Katie said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better!